As we all know, laws are made to maintain an orderly society, but there are a select number that could leave you scratching your head. Take a look at some of the most unusual laws in the state of Florida.
- A Cape Coral city ordinance prohibits citizens from hanging clotheslines.
- Hitting a pedestrian in Sarasota will cost you a small fine of $78.
- If you come across chickens roaming in the streets of Key West, you can not mess with them because they are a protected species.
- If you have a couch sitting your carport in Cape Coral , you could be fined $50.
- If you plan to sing in public, make sure have on a cover-up over your swimsuit because it’s illegal to sing while wearing just a swimsuit.
- In Cape Coral, citizens are banned from parking a pick-up truck on the street in front of your house, or even in your own driveway.
- In Destin, it’s illegal for the ice cream man to sell ice cream in a cemetery.
- Pigs are not allowed in the city of Miami.
- Residents are not allowed to maintain a car on their property when it’s no longer running in Daytona Beach.
- Rolling a barrel on a Pensacola street is illegal.
- Selling oranges on a Miami sidewalk can cause you up to 30 days in jail.
- Single women who want to go parachuting on Sundays could face arrest, jailing, and fines.
Whether you can believe this or not, these are all real laws that, when violated, can cost you a fine or even some jail time. So if you’re ever finding yourself in a peculiar pinch and in need of bail bond services, be sure to call Ammediate Bail Bonds at 321-631-2663.